Taking the decision to buy an existing business is an exciting moment. We can help guide you through the entire process, starting with a review on the best structure for the deal. Sometimes it’s good to buy the business, and sometimes it’s good to buy the relevant assets. When acquiring the assets of a business, there are a number of procedural steps, including structuring the transaction, putting in place preliminary agreements with the seller, carrying out due diligence, negotiating key transaction documents and finally, signing and completing the acquisition. We can help with all of these steps – whether they are legal, business planning, tax or accountancy.
Once we are certain that buying the assets is the best way to proceed, we’ll work with you to consider:
- How should the target business and assets be valued?
- How will the buyer finance the acquisition?
- Who is the seller? What is the financial position of the seller?
- How will the acquisition affect the employees, pension arrangements and intellectual property of the target business?
- What are the tax consequences of the transaction structure?
As a starter, we can focus on:
- Confidential information
- Preparing heads of terms and MoUs
- Exclusivity arrangements
- Due diligence procedures
- Data protection issues
- Asset purchase agreements
- Warranties and Indemnities
For more information about our services, please contact us.