Our Capital Projects and Exhibitions team provides a bespoke service to clients that are embarking on any building or arts project. With our experienced team of senior consultants and project managers, we can hold a client’s hand and guide them through the complexities of projects on any scale and at any stage.
Capital Projects: Counterculture work with clients of all sizes, from major national and international institutions to smaller local galleries and museums. We recognise how special the project or exhibition is to the client and the audience, and we embrace the complexity and challenge of all projects, regardless of their size. We offer a wide range of professional services, including:
- Planning: co-ordinating each stage of the RIBA process, managing timescales and budgets;
- Advocacy: working with various stakeholders, chairing operations meetings, managing clear project communications across institutions, presentations;
- Procurement: FFE fit-out, supplier and sub-contractor management;
- Operational Readiness: managing complex move-in and snagging schedules as projects near completion;
- Resourcing: supplying specialist personnel, embedding project teams, specialist project recruitment or acting as advisors.
Exhibitions: compelling and visually-distinct exhibitions are at the heart of driving footfall to our most treasured museums and galleries. Counterculture’s team of project managers and experienced technicians manage a range of exhibition requirements at all stages to deliver first class displays, exhibitions and commissions. Our services include:
- Exhibition management: managing the planning and design of collections and temporary exhibitions, as well as decants and environmental conditions;
- Project management: overseeing design stages, build and fabrication, budgets and timelines;
- Art handling: careful install and de-install by trained technicians, including mount-making and conservation;
- Collaboration: working with artists and curators, with bespoke and flexible approaches to meet individual demands;
- Storage, displays and logistics: advising and delivering bespoke solutions for storage and displays.