We help public bodies and public-private partnerships to develop, implement and evaluate policy and strategy, with a particular focus on the arts, culture and the creative industries – a diverse and dynamic sector that is growing at twice the rate of the wider economy and accounts for over £110 billion in annual GVA and 2 million jobs in the UK alone.
Our team brings extensive skills and experience of working with, and within, local, regional and national governments and development agencies across the UK and internationally.
This has given us first-hand, practical insights into a wide variety of contexts and approaches, including both good and bad practice, which we supplement through context-specific research, review, analysis and consultation.
Depending upon the requirement, we can work with our clients to:
- Define and understand the specific market, industry, sector or other stakeholder group in which they are seeking to intervene and the context in which it operates;
- Identify and articulate the ultimate changes or impacts they are seeking to deliver, how these can best be delivered, and the logic (or ‘theory of change’) behind this;
- Develop robust plans, proposals, business cases and other communications to help secure stakeholder support and public and private investment;
- Design and manage projects, from concept to completion;
- Undertake assessment and evaluation to demonstrate economic and wider societal outcomes and impacts.
Through our network of partners, staff and associates we can assemble a bespoke, multidisciplinary team with relevant industry knowledge or technical skills (e.g. legal, financial, capital projects, strategy and planning).
Our projects range from comprehensive reviews of cultural or economic development strategy, through to targeted interventions in specific policy areas such as:
- Infrastructure and workspace
- Education and training
- Arts, culture and heritage
- Research and innovation
- Enterprise and talent development
- Funding and business support
- Trade and investment
- Regulation and legislation