Counterculture offers a full range of tax and accounting services for businesses and individuals, with a particular specialism in creative industries, arts and charities. Our clients in this area include artists, musicians, TV production companies, technical freelancers in TV and theatre, designers of everything from graphics to gardens, small businesses as well as theatre companies, galleries and museums.
“I can’t recommend Counterculture enough. Year after year they make the process so easy and clear with their expertise in the various aspects of the music industry that I attempt to earn money in. On the occasions that I need to ask a question (however straightforward), I can always speak to someone straight away. Counterculture have taken all the stress out of the dreaded tax return, company accounts and VAT.”Paul Cuddeford
Guitarist for Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, Bob Geldof, Ian Hunter and Tom Jones
We support clients to meet their obligations to HMRC, helping them to keep suitable business records and giving solid sensible advice.
Our tax and accounts offer includes the following services:
- Statutory accounts and tax returns: for individuals and businesses, including sole traders, limited companies, partnerships, CICs, charities;
- Tax advice and dealing with HMRC enquiries: including Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Corporation Tax and Inheritance Tax;
- Charity tax advice: all taxes and tax reliefs applicable to UK charities;
- VAT advice: specialist consultancy;
- Theatre Tax Relief and Museums and Galleries Tax Relief: advice and claims;
- Management accounts and cashflow forecasts;
We also help with specific issues in performing arts, including withholding tax suffered by performers appearing internationally and the unusual arrangements for payment of National Insurance.
We bring many years’ experience, professionalism and rigour to our tax and accounts work.
Counterculture Tax and Accounts work is regulated by CIMA, CIPFA, ICSA and AAT.
“I finally found accountants who understand artists. It is important to me to be understood and to be supported in my creative endeavours and Counterculture are fantastic at this!”Dave Imby
Drummer with Kid Creole and the Coconuts